Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sneaky Magpie Murderer

Sneaky Magpie Murderer Current mood: sneaky
Why I hate the PS3... Oh, let me count the ways. Ever since the PS3 entered our home, I look at it with utter contempt. I secretly dream of fucking it out the window then taking a hammer to it and smashing it into a million tiny little pieces. The PS3 consumes my husband's every free moment... Which can be seemingly endless hours sometimes. If' he's not actually playing a game, he's busy downloading demos to play (for seemingly endless hours) to decide if he actually wants to buy it and play it for hours on end. I wouldn't mind, but our only telly is in our sitting room/dining room/ kitchen. Unfortunately, the telly is the focal point of the whole room. So, I am forced to listen to or watch as he plays these games for hours, while I go about my business, when I have no interest in them whatsoever.
He rented out a game called Assassin's Creed, that's he's been playing for most of the week. He must have took a page or two out of the sneaky Assassin's Creed, for he's been very sneaky today!
He's been obsessed with this Drake's Fortune for I don't know how many months now. He downloaded the demo, he's watched extensive behind the scenes footage on how it was made, and has declared, I don't know how many times, 'I can't wait for this game to come out here.' Well, he's been playing what I thought was the demo to Drake's Fortune most of today. I found this odd for two reasons, 1. I thought he had already played the demo for it. 2. I thought it was lasting a REALLY long time for just being a demo. That's my only relief with demos.. I know he'll only play them for a few hours then the demo is over.
So, I've been listening to and watching him play Drake's Fortune all day and at this very moment. I made the comment that he was like a Magpie in the game because he was attracted to and always picking up shiny things. I also told him he was a murderer. He's spent the last hour killing people in the game. But I asked him only 15 minutes ago, 'What is the point in playing the demo, not once, but twice for hours on end, when I know you're going to get the game when it comes out and play it for hours on end?' That is when he put his sheepish grin on and said, 'I have a confession to make... This isn't the demo, I ordered the game off Ebay.'
Now, I heard the postman deliver the mail today while I laid in bed. I heard something heavy fall on the floor in the hall, which I assumed to be a package. But when I came downstairs, all that was on the table was a magazine, so I assumed that is what I heard. Trev, having come downstairs 20 minutes before me, had the fire going and was already playing his game. I didn't think much of it. Now, I KNOW it was his game I heard being delivered and not only did he burn the padded envelope it came in before I came downstairs, he actually put the case of the game in with all of the rest of the games so I wouldn't realise something was amiss!
I asked him why he wasn't sneaky when getting gifts for me, only when purchasing something for himself. Especially since I don't ever say 'no' to the child when he wants something, and I should! To which he had no answer of course... Only to blame his sneakiness on his mother (nice cop out).
Why can't he be sneaky about picking up his socks off the floor from under the coffee table every night? Why can't he be sneaky about doing the laundry or hoovering the floors or cleaning the bathroom? I don't really do sneaky, but maybe I'll start. Maybe I'll sneak some dirty boxers into his boxers drawer, maybe I'll sneak some petrol out of his car, maybe I'll sneak some holes into the arse of his jeans, OR maybe I'll sneak out while he's sleeping and smash his PS3 into a million tiny pieces! We'll see how he likes sneaky!

No comments: